This offers a rare opportunity to work alongside the fund managers who established the organisation. Due to company expansion, this is a brand new role.
As a result of their success they have created a new position for a Senior Fund Accountant to join the Finance Team.
This newly created role will report directly to the FC but will also support the real estate team on a day to day basis.
This role will liaise with internal finance and compliance teams, investment partners as needed, external Accountants & Auditors and Bankers.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Take full responsibility of a portfolio of entities;
- Gain an understanding of a range of investments from listed shares to debt instruments to shopping centres and residential development projects.
- Gain an understanding of the investment structures of new deals assigned to you from a commercial, legal, tax and accounting point of view.
- Set up and maintain management accounts for your portfolio of entities on a monthly basis.
- Complete quarterly accounts and work papers for your entities;
- Oversee the Treasury aspect of your portfolio, including review of investor capital calls and distributions, monitoring borrower drawdown requests and repayments.
- Annual Compliance – take responsibility of year end compliance, including preparation of RDR GPFS, tax returns, ATO annual lodgements and investor tax statements;
- Assist in the complete review of the investor tax statements for your entities;
- Undertake various ad hoc projects as required to support the fund accounting team;
- Take the initiative to constantly improve the delivery of accurate financial information on a timely basis.
- 4 - 7 years of Business Services experience is essential;
- CA/CPA qualified;
- Relevant client experience may include investment banking, real estate funds management or unit pricing;
- Excellent communication; written and verbal skills;
- Strong work ethic and the ability to demonstrate initiative in your approach to work and be proactive and positive in your approach to work.
For more information please contact Niamh Patton on 02 9775 5930.