Universal Store is a leading Australian specialty retailer of youth casual apparel that operates 65 physical stores across Australia and a fast-growing e-commerce store. The Company’s strategy is to deliver a frequently changing and carefully curated selection of on-trend apparel products to target the 16–35-year-old fashion focused customer. Universal Store prides itself on providing a high level of customer service, consistent price proposition and a welcoming and engaging store environment. It offers a diversity of brands and styles to cater to the constantly evolving and widely varied tastes and trends observed in the youth apparel market. Recently listed on the ASX, Universal Store are a fashion retailer who is committed to listening to customers and making more ethical and sustainable choices.
A newly created IT General Manager position reporting to the CFO. This position will be both hands on and Strategic in nature, a leader responsible for helping Universal Store to deliver on its strategic ambitions via the development and execution of the IT strategic plan. This includes planning and delivery against business growth opportunities such as opening new stores, leveraging, and replacing aging technology to continuously improve business performance, and leading your team to provide a superior IT service to operations and the support office.
This role requires someone with significant experience in supporting multi-site businesses to develop and implement a roadmap of what “best practice” looks likes from a support perspective. The position will oversee IT and improve the basics as well as delivering on several large and business critical IT projects (POS, ERP, WMS, Security). In addition, the GM will be working with the Leadership team on executing the strategy and building the IT infrastructure to support future growth initiatives.
This role requires an experienced leader who is passionate about building a capable team and empowering the broader business with technology that provides a high-quality service for customers and shareholders.
- Develop and deliver the IT strategy to ensure optimal technology is in place to enable the continued growth and development of the business.
- Provide leadership, coaching & support to the IT team to enable their growth and development.
- Proactively advise the Executive Team on the emerging technologies and digital trends that are most relevant to our goals and evolving needs.
- Recommend, and oversee all vendors and managed service agreements across IT including telecommunications, IT services, and equipment.
- Accountable for performance against required Service level standards and IT audits.
- Help to create a positive culture by role modeling their practice values and behaviors.
- Build constructive working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Direct the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of our IT infrastructure.
- Maintain oversight of all IT projects, ensuring that commitments are properly planned, staffed, monitored, and reported.
- Help determine capital investment requirements, priorities, and risks for IT initiatives.
- Manage information security to ensure the integrity, confidentiality & availability of data.
- Contribute to enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Have oversight over procuring, installing, maintaining, and supporting all computer hardware & software.
- Supervise networks and systems to ensure optimal performance and troubleshoot issues.
- Proven ability to develop and drive the IT strategy, provide strong leadership to the IT team, and develop constructive working relationships with your key stakeholders will be essential in this role.
- Extensive IT management experience at both operational and strategic levels.
- Demonstrated leadership experience who is passionate about developing team members and building a successful customer-served-centric team.
- Commercial acumen including experience in contract negotiation and procurement.
- Proven experience in leading complex projects and managing competing priorities. (POS, ERP, WMS, Security, Website, etc)
- Experience in leading change and continuous improvement.
- Highly commercial, with proven skills to remove costs/non-value-add activities and manage budgets.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining key relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Conceptual & practical understanding of Systems Network Engineering, Data Centres, Infrastructure & large data storage.
- Experience with systems administration, business intelligence, security & cloud-based solutions.
- Superior problem-solving skills to solve major, complex problems.
- Decisive, assertive, and deeply customer-focused with outstanding written and verbal skills.
To be successful in the role you will be a flexible team player who is able to drive strategic delivery and provide broad support to compliment an operation that is changing by the day. You will drive this progression as it relates to hardware, software, network administration, and security as well as supporting the many projects across the business that require IT integration.
For more information, and a confidential discussion please contact Sherrie Milsom on 07 3854 3807 or email on email@example.com