Our client a well established property and funds management business is looking to further grow their portfolio and created a new role to support this exciting period of growth and diversity.
Supported by an independent professional board and working as part of a small but dynamic team of industry experts, this is an exciting and varied role with the opportunity to add value and contribute across a variety of areas.
As Governance, Risk and Compliance manager you will have a broad mandate and report into the CEO and the Head of Finance. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Support the Board and Committee meetings, in consultation with the CEO and relevant Chair, through the preparation of agendas, taking minutes, and assist with update and follow up of action items
- Attending to Board governance tasks, including maintenance of registered office/ASIC register;
- Implementing and managing he new risk and compliance software;
- Establishing a contracts management framework;
- Managing compliance function, including legislative compliance and contract management;
- Improving management and Board reporting particularly as it pertains to the compliance and risk elements of reporting;
- Maintaining and updating policies, procedures and registers (including contracts register and compliance register) so that risks are appropriately managed;
- Providing governance, policy, risk and compliance advice and training to the Board and management;
- Ensuring that meets its statutory obligations;
- Documenting the impact of changes to legislation and, where required, the necessary changes to processes and reporting are made; and
- Ensuring the necessary systems are in place to ensure the risk is appropriately managed.
- Other governance matters as reasonably required by the CEO or Directors from time to time.
The successful candidate will be looking for a part time role, and be able to work independently and as part of a team taking full responsibility to manage all governance risk and compliance matters. You will make valuable contributions through implementing improvements, making recommendations and taking ownership of the risk and compliance system. You will demonstrate energy, persistence, and determination; and have the ability to train and influence others.
You will have an undergraduate degree in Commerce, Law of Finance or similar. Any further post tertiary education such as a membership to the Governance Institute or a Graduate Diploma in Applied finance would be positively viewed. You will have at least 10 years’ experience in the area of corporate governance, risk and compliance and ideally have experience in managing an Australian Financial Services licence.
For more information please contact Sarah Kennedy 07 3854 3801