Queensland Sugar Limited (QSL) is a leader in raw sugar marketing with a long-standing reputation for quality service and innovation in both the Queensland Sugar Industry and the international sugar market.
Queensland Sugar Limited (QSL) provides four main value offerings to the Australian raw sugar industry – pricing, financing, marketing and operations services – with all net value returned to the industry we serve. QSL has an exceptional reputation for quality, service excellence and innovation across these pillars within the global sugar market. Owned by its members, QSL is devoted to serving the interests of Queensland cane growers and sugar millers to build sustainable business partnerships in the Asia-Pacific region.
QSL operates six Bulk Sugar Terminals along the Queensland coast and handles over 3 million tonnes of raw sugar each year, exported to countries all around the world.
As a not-for-profit industry service organisation, all their profits are returned to members.
Reporting into the Finance Manager, the Graduate Financial Analyst is well suited to a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and well organised person who has the willingness to learn about QSL's accounting processes and adapt with the business. This will include:
- Ensure the financial reporting and associated reconciliations of the Company’s Treasury, Marketing, Pooling- (RSSA, OSA and domestic pool arrangements), Grower Direct and Other Origin business activities is completed accurately, timely and in accordance with Company practices
- Accurately reflect all payments to suppliers in the financial accounts of the Company.
- Actively monitor all movements in QSL marketing inventory and resulting reconciliations ensuring the same is recorded in the pooling system.
- Ensure the accurate and timely reporting of the Liquidity Risk position, analytically reporting on weekly movements. Reporting timeframes will be in accordance with the framework of the respective policy.
- Participate in the development of systems as part of a team or in an autonomous capacity as and when required.
- Input into the preparation of monthly management accounts and reports including reporting to management and the Board of Directors
This role is well suited to an Graduate across Finance, Commerce, Accounting or similar. You will be interested in Agribusiness and Financial Markets, as well as working within a specialist finance team to further develop your accounting, analytical, and business skills.
Please get in touch with Haydn or Sarah for more information or apply to be considered further. Applications close Friday the 24th of September.
(07) 3854 3805 |