- Newly created leadership role
- Excellent career pathways on offer within large organisation and employer of choice
- Up to $150k package
- Managers seeking 1st mover from big 4 or mid-tier CA firms welcome to apply
Is a large, nationwide not for profit entity who are part of one of the largest faith based organisations in Australia.
They have a significant finance team who are going through exciting phases of transformation and this role offers a unique opportunity be a part of this new direction.
Reporting into the Head of Accounting, you will act as a 2IC managing a team (4 direct reports) and lead change and strategic management of the group wide accounting functions, with specific focus on GL management of the business, audit, external and statutory reporting.
Additionally, you will become a valued business partner to leadership ensuring integrity in numbers being called upon for value add analysis and commentary.
- Oversee all month and year end duties
- Ensure accuracy and timely delivery of transactions and rec's as well as group consolidation
- Financial statement preparation and sign off
- Interpret and advise on accounting standards
- Maintain best practice controls and ensure compliance of policies inc governance and risk maintenance.
- Ongoing process improvement
- Lead audit and pdocess
- CA/CPA qualified
- Previous audit experience gained from big 4 or mid-tier CA firm
- Sound technical accounting skills and IFRS knowledge
- First class communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Previous people management experience of multiple staff
- Strong analytical skills and numeracy ability