This high profile, Top 100ASX listed business has seen continued growth reflected in an increasing share price over the last 5 years. This company has fostered a high-performing culture without the long hours that other large listed business often have.
Managing a team of 3 and reporting into the Group Financial Controller, your role will focus on the following:
- Manage the financial integrity of the General Ledger.
- Ensure compliance with accounting requirements.
- Managing and making process improvements over the month end process to ensure the efficient and accurate production of management reports and financial statements.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of monthly consolidated income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
- Overall responsibility for the timely production of month end results and management reporting in tandem with the Financial Planning and Analysis team, including review and confirmation of the accuracy of the results in conjunction with the business.
- Manage and direct the process to accurately produce the quarterly financial accounts, half year and year end statutory reporting in a timely manner.
- Support the business functions e.g. budget, forecasting and dynamic accounting support
- In conjunction with P&P, own and deliver the staff costs budget and reforecast. Produce monthly variance analysis for staff costs.
- Coaching and development of team members
- Direct the preparation of the monthly BAS and indirect taxes (e.g. payroll tax) and other such items.
- Process improvements across the business supporting the business units
- Provide support to the Group Financial Controller and Head of Finance as required.
- Ad hoc projects / work / reporting as required by the business
This role would suit someone who:
- Has 6-10+ years post-qualified experience
- Has managed a team of qualified accountants previously
- Is CA/CPA/CIMA qualified
- Is ambitious and has evidence of consistent promotions throughout your career
- ASX experience is helpful but not essential
- Both first movers from chartered & people coming from other commercial businesses welcome to apply