Group Financial Accountant
Our client is one of Australia’s fastest-growing businesses who need a Group Financial Accountant.
Continuing on their growth trajectory, they are seeking a Group
Accountant/Senior Financial Accountant looking for their next step in the retail/convenience-food industry. Known for continuous new product development and innovation they are leading how consumers purchase meals on the run.
Position responsibilities include:
- Preparation of management reports eg profit & loss, balance sheet and special accounting reports as required
- Preparation of year-end statutory reporting for company entities
- End of month rollover including timesheet administration, WIP,
- Reconciliation of bank statements,
- Responsible for the quarterly BAS
- Pushing technical processes, writing papers, pushing new processes
- Audit background, do research, draft papers
- Fortnightly payroll processing, superannuation, PAYG/IAS and Payroll Tax
- 4+ years as a Senior Financial Accountant or Group Accountant within small-medium sized business commanding group GA function, this will include Tax, FBT side
- You will be from a pure commercial background or chartered
- Candidates must be willing to do payroll (2 days a month MAX) for the business until its outsourced or have done payroll in the past
- Naturally autonomous without the need to be managed on accounting standards
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role in a fast-paced environment, such as FMCG, high-volume retail.
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance or Accounting
- Be CA/CPA qualified
- Excellent communication skills
- Well-developed time management skills
- High attention to detail