SunPork are the largest supplier of 100% Australian Pork, operating a paddock to plate model with farms and facilities across Australia and New Zealand. With a farming history spanning across three generations, they are continuously investing in the future, boasting a fully integrated supply chain, state of the art facilities and an impressive growth strategy.
They live their values, are employee focused and have at business with a strong vision for the future.
This senior and pivotal role is responsible for a large finance team, and ensuring the group will deliver high quality internal and external reporting ensuring all statutory reporting and compliance obligations are meet on time. This role is firmly focused on people management and leadership. You will also be required to provide a high quality and efficient shared services experience for the Group’s business units.
Reporting into the CFO the Group Financial Controller is responsible for the financial control and consolidated accounting, taxation and reporting of the Group. Leadership of the financial control, shared services teams, the group financial and management accounting functions, business systems and finance projects.
You will have several direct reports and be responsible for a large finance team. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage, review and advise the transactional finance team, and maintain strong external financial reporting processes, to deliver required statutory reporting including ASIC/Banking requirements
- Manage the external audit relationship
- Manage the Group Treasury position, and maintain strong relationships with partners
- Prepare the Board and Audit Committee reports and present findings at meetings
- Maintain a robust internal control framework.
- Set and promote group accounting policies, including training the commercial teams
- Lead and implement continuous improvement in financial systems and processes
- Demonstrate and exercise a commitment to promote, develop and improve the health, safety, environment and welfare of our people.
The successful applicant will be CA or CPA qualified with several years post qualified experience in a similar leadership role with a strong focus on managing a large team in a complex business. You will be primarily tasked with the management, development and coaching of the financial team, and will be a natural leader with a focus on the long-term business strategy and aligns thinking and planning accordingly. You will use your expertise to act as finance authority for the group on planning, organizing, prioritizing and overseeing activities to efficiently meet business objectives.
For further information please contact Sarah Kennedy on 07 3854 3801/ firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below.