Queensland Sugar Limited (QSL) provides four main value offerings to the Australian raw sugar industry – pricing, financing, marketing and operations services – with all net value returned to the industry we serve. QSL has an exceptional reputation for quality, service excellence and innovation across these pillars within the global sugar market. Owned by its members, QSL is devoted to serving the interests of Queensland cane growers and sugar millers to build sustainable business partnerships in the Asia-Pacific region.
Queensland Sugar Limited (QSL) is a leader in raw sugar marketing with a long-standing reputation for quality service and innovation in both the Queensland Sugar Industry and the international sugar market.
QSL operates six Bulk Sugar Terminals along the Queensland coast and handles over 3 million tonnes of raw sugar each year, exported to countries all around the world.
As a not-for-profit industry service organisation, all their profits are returned to members.
As a result of recent structural changes within the finance team, Queensland Sugar are excited to have a permanent opportunity on offer for a Grower Payments & Treasury Officer within the Brisbane Office.
This role is responsible for administration of payments to cane growers who market their sugar with QSL. Throughout the harvesting season (May to December) these payments are made weekly to growers who deliver sugar and for the remainder of the year these payments are made monthly.
This position plays an important role in QSL’s efforts to build a high degree of trust, responsiveness, and confidence in QSL’s services and systems.
Responsibilities will include:
- Complete the grower payment process to deliver payment batches for authorisation and payment and to generate grower payment documentation ensuring that transactions reconcile with Finance.
- Identify risks in the grower payment process and system and develop and implement mitigating actions to prevent the likelihood of risks occurring.
- Analyse, manage and resolve or escalate, as appropriate, data and system issues in the grower payment process.
- Provide business requirements for, and undertake testing of, enhancements to the payment process and system.
- Maintain the currency of the grower payments process to ensure it reflects system and procedural changes.
- Weekly reconciliation of grower and mill payments.
- Authorise the electronic transfer of funds to approved counterparties for all treasury activities.
- Review the forecast of the Company’s daily liquidity position and ensure the timely transmission of all funds transfers to counterparties.
- Ensure the accurate and timely reporting of the Liquidity Risk position. Reporting timeframes will be in accordance with the framework of the respective policy.
The position will also require the right candidate to assist the wider Finance team in producing weekly grower pool prices by completing tasks ranging from the reconciliation of QSLs sugar inventory to assisting with treasury reconciliations. The role allows the opportunity to experience lots of different parts of the business.
The role requires a high degree of accuracy and an exceptional level of attention to detail to ensure that growers are paid correctly and that these payments reconcile with QSL’s internal cashflows. Experience across payments, banking, or financial processing is required, as is strong attention to detail, stakeholder management, and multi-tasking skills.
You will be motivated to work for a leading Agriculture & Financial Markets organisation, in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment with a fantastic culture and long-term career opportunities.
Please get in touch with Haydn or Sarah for more information or apply to be considered further.
(07) 3854 3805 |