A major, global financial services company is looking for an experienced Guest Relations Manager to join their team in Brisbane. Working at this fast paced and high level clientele site, this role will manage a team of 2 guest relations staff and will support the Senior Facilities Manager to provide a professional, personal and engaging interaction for any clients and staff using the in-house facilities.
This role will ensure a consistent approach and experience for clients and will be the main escalation point for internal stakeholders to discuss and address the reception experience. The environment is fast paced and will require you to adapt quickly if needs change or issues arise, while still maintaining a professional and calm presentation to staff and clients.
- Work on the reception desk, overseeing and management of the day-to-day reception, catering, cafe and audio visual /equipment functions within Guest Relations
- Responsible for overseeing the training and development of the reception team & ensuring training records of the Guest Relations Department are maintained and up to date
- Ensuring staff engage with the booking system correctly and that best practice is maintained
- Conduct regular floor walks across to ensure standards are met
- Take responsibility for all recruitment, onboarding and performance management of team members
- Organise and maintain rosters and budgets
- Ensure WH&S compliance
- At least 3-5 years’ experience managing a reception/customer service team in a corporate or luxury hotel environment
- Solid leadership skills will be required as well as the ability to have challenging conversations with internal stakeholders
- Experience and capability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability and eagerness to build strong relationships with staff and clients
- Immaculate and professional presentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organised and punctual
- Excellent delegation skills
- Experience with Condeco or another similar room booking system would be desirable
- Extensive email management, preferably with Outlook will be required as well as knowledge of PowerPoint, Word and Excel.