AACo is Australia’s largest integrated cattle and beef producer and is the oldest continuously operating company in Australia. The Company owns and operates a strategic balance of properties, feedlots and farms comprising around Queensland and the Northern Territory. AACo’s long term strategy is to deliver high-quality branded beef to the highest value markets in the world, and to do that at scale. This is delivered through an integrated supply chain that connects the product to high value customers around the world.
As Head of Commercial Finance, and a senior member of the Finance team, you will be responsible for driving and supporting key business decisions through the provision of commercial insights, analysis and reporting. This role will guide the commercial strategy and embedding efficient, action orientated and innovative tailor-made commercial insights and principles that will help in delivering operational excellence in the short term and improving organisational strategy in the longer term. Reporting directly to the CFO you will lead the finance business partnering team across Commercial & Operations to ensure that an integrated and whole of business approach is taken to key business evaluations. This role will partner with the Supply Chain, Pastoral and Sales / Marketing business units to support the interpretation of monthly financial results and proactively influence business decisions. It is critical you have a keen focus on transformation and thrive in a changing environment, as you will be given the opportunity to drive and support transformation projects across the business. As a key member of the senior finance team you will understand the impact of your actions and decisions on the overall business and recognise that you have the ability to make a real difference.
Your previous career experience and credentials and will include:
- Previous Financial Planning and Analysis experience, strong data, and large ERP, and exposure to BI tools.
- FMCG and branded consumer products sector experience along with experience in manufacturing and complex supply chains
- Previous engagement with sales and marketing function in a commercial role
- Ideally spent part of your career in a blue-chip environment where they have been exposed to ‘first class’ systems and processes
- Qualified CA/CPA/CFA, ideally spent some time in a professional services firm or similar, demonstrated experience working in complex and transformation projects
- Ability to travel domestically, to deliver consistent engagement to stakeholder.
- Ability to think beyond reflexive behaviours and use personal style dynamically to ensure the best outcome, inspirational and motivating
- An experienced mentor who is passionate about developing staff and building leadership capabilities.
- You will be decisive, assertive, and deeply customer focused with outstanding written and verbal skills.