- Defining and implement the Corporate Data Management strategy incorporating data governance, privacy, compliance and data protection
- Develop and execute the delivery of strategic programs and projects around data delivery.
- Ensuring effective information protection and privacy, data quality and data lifecycle management, along with the exploitation of data assets to create business value.
- Work with the head of architecture in providing technical oversight to application architecture and solution development teams to create business-driven data solutions.
- Establish enterprise data standards, including a uniform and repeatable system development lifecycle methodology.
- Establish and enforce specific security and privacy requirements for each piece of data – especially as it relates to privacy laws, industry regulations, and corporate compliance mandates.
- Inspire and lead a team of high performing information management consultants.
- Develop Data Management practices broadly adopted by both technical and business users to ensure customer data is appropriately governed.
- The effectiveness of data security and compliance measures implemented, measured and managed.
- Achieving agreed data management program and project delivery objectives and benefits. The effectiveness of data quality and usability for creating opportunities to enhance business value.
- Managing and meeting budgets within variance.
- Achieving sustainable and cost-effective data management and information solutions.
- Establish high quality and security of data and information management standards.
- Coordinate the collection, analysis and dissemination of data in line with the business and Customer Data Solutions' management strategy and policies.
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects.
- Ensure that applications function properly at all times and data management system is operating correctly.
- Ensure data management system is compliant with all relevant privacy laws, industry regulations, and corporate compliance mandates.
- Provide an ongoing mentoring and training of team members to assist in the improvement of data management capabilities and processes.
- Report on the effectiveness of current data management solutions and make recommendations for improvements.
- Work alongside technical and business teams and assist with the analysis, design and deployment of data management architecture, policies and organisational processes; proactively identify and mitigate data risks and issues in consultation with other resources.
- Demonstrated background in software engineering, solution architecture and technical delivery; encompassing agile engineering practices, automated testing and continuous delivery and cloud-based architectures
Experience required to be successful in this role;
- 10+ years of relevant experience in databases, data warehousing, business intelligence, ETL and data enrichment.
- Extensive experience managing senior team of information professionals.
- Experience building high volume and large scale distributed systems is a must.
- Tertiary Qualification in IT / Computer Science or related discipline (or equivalent hands-on experience)
- Demonstrated work in the area of Innovation or technology-based disruption.
- Experience in senior architecture roles in large and complex environments.
- Knowledge / certification on architecture frameworks / methods (e.g. agile).
- Demonstrable ability to work with and influence business and technology stakeholders (up to C-level executives).
- Have successfully influenced strategic and/or program outcomes by brokering consensus among stakeholders with conflicting needs and expectations.
- Track record in realising benefits by developing information system & technology strategies/roadmaps and executing to them.
- Track record in driving value through strategic partnerships with technology vendors.
If you're interested in hearing more about this role, apply now! Reece