We're working with a Global Banking organisation who are looking for a Helpdesk Analyst to join their team! Your team will be involved in delivering a range of IT Systems (PC’s & Servers, Network, Storage, Internet, Mobile devices, Telephony, Applications) users. You will provide timely and cost effective technology support to the organisation in partnership with the business lines to maximise profit.
The Help Desk is the first point of call for all technology-related problems within the business. You are responsible for taking all requests for help submitted by phone or electronic means, resolving 70% of calls on the first point of contact and assigning those calls that cannot be resolved to the appropriate support team. This will be achieved by logging all calls in Remedy and assigning and tracking the call through to completion.
- Answer all requests for help in a timely and attentive manner
- Log all calls in the Help Desk application (currently Remedy) and track those calls not resolved on first contact, to completion.
- Troubleshoot desktop and network related issues.
- Provide general hardware support for Blackberry's, laptops, printers etc.
- Escalate issues to higher levels of support including global teams and/or vendors as required.
- Provide feedback with regards to recurring issues and service improvements, update team documentation to improve efficiency.
- Taking requests for help and resolving/escalating
- Performing NT/Notes/UNIX etc Administrative tasks
Qualifications & Experience required for the role
- Sound experience in a Help Desk/Customer service environment.
- Higher School Certificate or Equivalent
- Tertiary studies in the Banking / Finance Industry
- Microsoft Office , Windows OS, Active Directory
- Lotus Notes administration including Blackberry support
- General hardware including printers, scanners
- Remedy (desirable)
- Cisco phone support (desirable)