This role is responsible for supporting and executing the day to day human resources. Supported by the Human Resources Manager, this role assists to implement initiatives that improve engagement, communication, wellbeing and business results.
- Provide generalist Human Resources support, advice and coaching to Managers/Supervisors and employees.
- Execute day to day Human Resource activities such as, counselling and grievances, organisational development, onboarding and other related policies and procedures.
- Provide a consultancy service to all employees on human resource management issues, including the interpretation of relevant Acts, Regulations, Awards, industrial agreements, legislation, policy and procedures relevant to HR.
- To manage, document and review wage subsidies.
- To maintain accurate human resources information systems by ensuring employment records are up-to-date, accurate and in accordance with company policy.
- Support managers and employees through performance review and development process.
- Help Identify and implement engagement initiatives, including coordination of yearly engagement survey and related action plans
- Continuous improvement in safety performance through working with employees and frontline managers to drive a continuous improvement safety culture.
- Ideally a Bachelors of Human Resources or currently studying. (Candidates with considerable industry experience will also be considered)
- Experience in managing grievances, disciplinary and counselling situations.
- Experience working with multicultural diverse workforces
- Prior experience working within a unionised environment will be highly regarded.
- Detailed understanding and demonstrated ability of applicable legislation.