SunPork are the largest supplier of 100% Australian Pork, operating a paddock to plate model with farms and facilities across Australia and New Zealand. With a farming history spanning across three generations, they are continuously investing in the future, boasting a fully integrated supply chain, state of the art facilities and an impressive growth strategy.
This role will be working on site at Swickers in Kingaroy, which is SunPorks recently upgraded and expanded processing facility and the largest employer in the South Burnett region. Kingaroy with a population of a little over 10,000 is thriving township with a relaxed and informal feel and you will find yourself welcomed with country hospitality. Surrounded by picturesque farmlands and low rolling hills, Kingaroy is the central town for the diverse and beautiful South Burnett region. Well serviced by numerous large retail chains, and many services that you would expect to find in larger towns, including a growing gourmet food scene with chefs featuring local produce on menus at many of the award winning restaurants and cafés. The Town boasts first class sporting facilities, great schools and the local hospital will complete a major upgrade in 2021. Kingaroy is only 2.5 hrs from Brisbane and similar distance to the Sunshine Coast.
Leading a team, this role is responsible for managing and executing the day to day human resource activities and initiatives for the Swickers business. This role develops and implements initiatives that improve engagement, communication and business results.
- To provide generalist Human Resources support, advice and coaching to employees and front line managers.
- To provide a consultancy and advisory service to management and staff on human resource management issues including the interpretation of relevant Acts, Regulations, Awards, industrial Agreements, legislation, policy and procedures relevant to HR and the provision of advice on contemporary HR practices.
- To develop and implement both short and long term strategies that address industrial and employee relations issues whilst adhering to legislative requirements and company values.
- To partner with the relevant Site Management Team members to lead and manage the enterprise agreement negotiations.
- Demonstrate and exercise effective Union Official and Representative relationship management which meets business objectives and legislative requirements
- To design, develop and execute key Human Resources initiatives that focus on building site capability, improving engagement levels and people management.
- To develop, implement and monitor policies and procedures based on relevant legislation and contemporary HR management practices which provide an effective, consistent and timely delivery of HR services to the business and support organisational needs.
- To manage and execute day to day Human Resource activities such as, counselling and grievances, organisational development, other policies and procedures.
- Provide operational human resource information and analysis relating to workforce profiles and trends, benchmarking data and analysis advice.
- Research and prepare briefs, submissions and correspondence on human resource operations issues and liaise with external agencies as required.
- Carry out any other reasonable and lawful directions that may be given from time to time by the company.
- Demonstrate and exercise a commitment to promote, develop and improve the health, safety, environment and welfare of our people.
- Tertiary qualification in human resources or related discipline.
- Provide sound judgement both on day-to-day and long term issues that balances the needs of both the business and industrial requirements.
- Extensive experience in managing grievances, disciplinary and counselling situations through to termination and commission.
- Detailed understanding and demonstrated ability of applicable legislation.
- Ability to organise self and lead others, to deliver quality work in a fast paced environment.