A fast paced role in this medium sized Australian wholesale firm, with ownership of an account of imports and production. The main focus of the Import Coordinator is to manage all aspects of product and supply of Apparel and Corporate orders/requests, ensuring quality control objectives are met.
The Role: Reporting to the Manufacturing manager you will have a varied and busy role including the following responsibilities:
- Create all new product ranges according to the production critical path and relevant timelines including planning, tracking and following up orders.
- Liaise closely with suppliers to ensure all products meet the design criteria.
- Raising, updating, costing and recording adjustments of purchase orders in the system
- Chasing rep samples and pre-production samples and working to range timelines;
- Chasing shipping samples and carrying out Q.C. inspections to company standards (including air shipments) and notifying the appropriate parties of any issues; before sending to customer;
- Performing quality control functions/checks including adherence to tech pack specifications and company Quality Control Standards Manual;
- Track ETD dates for orders, and co-coordinating of embroidery, spec sheet, sampling and maintaining the Indent Worksheet Report; advising on any areas of non-compliance concerning dates/deliveries and liaising with Director of Brands and Business Manager to resolve any issues;
- Involvement in liaising with freight forwarder on shipment optimization, consolidation and customs clearance in a timely and efficient manner;
- Involvement in administrative activities associated with the day to day functions of the Production Department;
- Involvement in verifying and approving of invoices; checking documentation, including filing.
- Effective proactive liaison with Accounts, Customer Service, Warehouse and Sales Depts;
- Any other ad-hoc tasks as required
- Ideally around 4-5 years experience in Production/ Import (from wholesale or retail company preferred)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, Highly developed follow up skills, Strong detail orientation, Capacity to multi-task and work well under pressure;
- There is training provided for the right candidate
Please hit 'Apply'and call Sam Philpot for more information - 97755912