- The requirement to provide developers with vendor, Architecture and Detailed Level Design and Implementation plan for 88 approx remote site offices with the chosen vendor
- Data Centre WAN / LAN technologies (Cisco protocols CCIE Level, Cisco routers and switches, SDWAN Technologies .i.e Cisco & VMWare VeloCloud, experienced with SDWAN technologies and best practices
- Participate in BAU process development for new remote site setup process with SDWAN product
- Participate in BAU cost models workshops
- Lead Architectural workshops
- Approval of necessary Architectural / Design artefacts
- Provision of comprehensive guidance and oversight on the development of, and modifications to, solution components to ensure that they take account of relevant architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security) and that existing and planned solution components remain compatible. Specifically networking and security components.
- Collaborate with business, project and other IT stakeholders to ensure the architecture is understood and accepted into production.
- Implements policy and strategy for the selection of solution architecture components, and co-ordinates design activities, promoting the discipline to ensure consistency. Ensures that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to.
- Accountable to produce solution architecture documentation as defined within the Architecture Practice and as required by the Domain Architect for Infrastructure.
- Participate in IT architecture and project governance forums and frameworks to ensure solutions receive the required sign-offs throughout the project lifecycle.
- Participate in the research, evaluation and selection of hardware and software technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations.
- Assist with business requirements analysis and capture relating to project initiatives.
- Accountable for the design and communication of high-level structures to enable and guide the design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs. In addition to technology components, solution architecture encompasses changes to service, process, organisation, and operating models.
- Provides advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security) are applied correctly.
- Uses appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures in a specific business or functional areas. Takes responsibility for the balance between functional, service quality and systems management requirements in their area of expertise.
- Within a business change programme, assists in the preparation of technical plans and cooperates with business assurance and project staff to ensure that appropriate technical resources are made available.
- Provides subject matter expertise and strategic domain architectural services within the domain of Infrastructure specifically networking today and all elements of infrastructure security.
Essential experience required;
- Minimum 8 years experience in IT
- Minimum 5 years prior experience as a solution designer in Infrastructure
- Strong track record applying structured analytical and problem-solving thinking
- Exposure to enterprise solutions designing practices, covering processes, roles, governance mechanisms.
- Experience with the application of Enterprise Architecture disciplines to the big picture long term alignment of IT services to changing business needs
- Technical knowledge and experience aligned with the domain of specialism
- Infrastructure – technologies from vendors such as Cisco, NetApp, F5, Palo Alto, Checkpoint
- Design best practice with regard to networking, hosting, storage, DR, backup and security
If you are interested in hearing more about this role, apply now! email@example.com