Global leading e-commerce and retail organisation are looking for a hands-on Technical Infrastructure Lead responsible for providing and leading end to end 24/7 operations support and maintenance across the company’s IT data centre, network and associated enterprise technical infrastructure including:
- Servers estate (on on-premise and IaaS) and associated systems
- Data storage and management;
- Internet Services;
- Data Networks;
- IT Facilities Management
- Unified Communications (including voice and video);
- File and Print Services;
- End User Computing
- Remote Access Technologies
Technical and Functional:
- Support and maintain the technical estate in line with service levels and operational needs
- Maintain and develop the Standard Operating Environment (SOE) for servers, desktops and
- Manage the asset registers for server, desktop and laptops
- Manage software licenses register and installation requirements
- Manage end-user support requirements for hardware and software
- Manage LAN and WAN networks installation and ongoing performance
- Manage security risk and security equipment, ensure compliance to PCI and other standards as required
- Troubleshooting and correcting hardware and software issues
- Deployment of applications, service packs and patches
- Provide support for all IT infrastructure including desktops/laptops, servers, printers, , phone
- Available for rostered after-hours support duties
- Provide technical support and backup to other IS Team members
- Any other duties as required or as directed
Strategy and Commercial
- Assists Information Systems Director in the management of the IT infrastructure contracts and
- Assists Information Systems Director on the creation of the IT Operations operating the budget.
Recommends and assists the Information Systems Director on the strategy to support technical
- Monitor team morale and address or escalate any underlying issues
- Analyse service offerings to the defined SLA and ensure appropriate capability, capacity and
location of functional staff.
- Enable and assist the IT infrastructure team in attaining individual training and career
development within the teams to allow team members to grow and gain new skills
- Drive career development within IT Infrastructure and identify potential future leaders.
- Direct and manage IT Infrastructure Projects and Processes from End to End.
- Deliver consistent, standard processes and services to the businesses
- Manage projects relating to the IT infrastructure for the region
- Work with the businesses and the IT Leadership team to define and implement services as
required into the IT Service Catalogue.
- Ensure delivery of responsible service areas to the minimum standard, as agreed by the KPI’s outlined in the SLA.
- Ensure processes are documented to an appropriate standard for areas of responsibility.
- Assists in developing Standard Operating Procedures and frameworks.
- Ensure that the IT Infrastructure Team manages to the ITIL Framework
- Operate to the defined Escalation Framework and Severity Management Framework.
- Ensuring all systems and responsible service areas are compliant with security and audit requirements
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required
- 5 years minimum experience in systems administration related roles
- Experience in managing SDWAN networks
- Experience in IaaS services and migrations including Azure and AWS.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge on a broad range of enterprise technology skill sets
including networking, server and storage technologies, data centre facilities etc
- Advanced skills with Active Directory
- Able to work as part of a team and in unsupervised situations
- Experience managing small team and 3 rd partiesProven experience in dealing with and managing Telecommunications providers.
- Industry certifications in server, storage, networking expected
- Graduate qualification in a relevant IT and/or business discipline preferred
- Certifications in ITIL and Project Management Methodology (eg PMP – PMBoK,