The Internal Audit Manager role is an exciting opportunity to progress your career in a risk function, within a reputable Australian Financial Institution well known for its strong values and outstanding company culture. With their Head Office in Brisbane they are recognised as an employer of choice in the Financial Services sector. It is an exciting time to join given they are currently undergoing significant investment in technology, setting themselves apart from competitors and offering excellent career development opportunities.
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, you will be responsible for;
- Leading the execution of the Internal Audit Plan
- Supporting the Head of Internal Audit in the development of the Internal Audit Strategy.
- Working with senior stakeholders including Executives and Senior Leaders as a subject matter expert in treasury, financial risk and compliance.
- Supporting the Head of Audit in reporting to Board Audit Committees.
To be considered for this role, you will have proven experience in a Financial Services organisation and be a specialist in your field. The ideal candidate will:
- Be experienced in either an ADI / other regulated entity (insurance, super would be transferable) / legal firm / accounting firm. You will have strong analysis skills, understanding and application of regulation / legislation change.
- Have prior experience of working with and positively influencing Executive level stakeholders and external authorities
- Have proven ability to clearly articulate technical content in an easy to understand way that is relevant to wide range of stakeholders from non finance to board level.
- Have practical experience dealing with AML legislation would also be beneficial