My client is a highly regarded boutique advisory firm with strong deal flow through their referral network, with offices locally and internationally.
Guided by some of the top industry leaders they pride themselves in maintaining an inclusive and team centric focus which belies the industry norm (churn and burn) offering long term job and career satisfaction to high performers.
This internal focus flows through to their client approach achieving a high number of referral work. As such, they are looking to expand their generalist team in Sydney.
As an Analyst you will be a part of client teams that provide advice in a wide range of situations, including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, general and strategic advisory, restructuring and capital markets. Locally and cross-border.
Duties will include financial modelling, valuation, industry and company research, taking part in preparation and delivery of client presentations and memorandums as well as client engagement.
We are looking speaking to candidates form either of the following backgrounds:
- Seeking to make a lateral switch from a BB or comparable boutique IB or Advisory firm in search of a less hierarchical culture, broader exposure or otherwise
- 2-5 years of experience and are seeking to make your 1st move out of corporate finance (M&A, DA, TS, Val’s or Business modelling) from one of the Big 4 accounting firms
- Have a down to earth yet high achieving and driven mentality - cultural fit is paramount to this firm
- See a mid to long term future in investment banking / advisory, not a 1-3 year platform for something else
- Excellent academic track record with D/HD averages
- Advanced excel skills and technical modelling ability
- Strong finance theory