The role performs day to day oversight of Data As a Service related reporting services that are produced by the offshore hub. You will manage a small team of client facing analysts who interact directly with AU based IDM Service clients to ensure a high-quality service delivery experience, by responding to client queries and resolving issues.
The IDM Service Manager will work on service optimization and change management tasks for designated clients and participate in service review meetings, workshops and system demonstrations.
The main objectives of your IDM Service team are to:
- Receive daily investment data (Holdings, transactions, security attributes etc) from multiple external Asset Managers, custodians, internal sources, and private equity data administrators via multiple feeds through the day.
- Management of cross-domain data sets and services, including benchmark and security referential data from vendors
- Normalise, aggregate and validate this data, applying specific business rules to enhance the output.
- Feed the results via a series of daily data files to the client including their 3rd Party software solutions
- Support the maintenance of client facing user interfaces allowing updating of account hierarchies, look through mapping, specific position updates and security referential overrides
- Extensive experience working within the middle office, investment and performance analysis or fund accounting environment:
- Experience managing a small service delivery team
- Strong practical understanding of ABOR and IBOR with multiple instrument types, including derivatives and how they should be treated within investment accounting and performance measurement
- Strong practical understanding of market data indices (S&P/ASX, MSCI, etc), characteristics (duration, Greeks etc), and classification schemes (GICS, BICS, etc.)
- Knowledge of private investments and their specifics around account and valuations
- Knowledge of performance, attribution, risk and other advanced investment reporting, and an understanding of the data required to support these calculations
- Strong proven client service skills
- Practical experience liaising with and explaining results to clients and internal stakeholder
- Excel VBA skills, Access database experience, SQL knowledge
- Understanding big data system architecture and systems such as Hadoop and AB initio
- Experience using Middle office systems, performance and risk attribution systems, Bloomberg etc.
- Practical experience onboarding new activity into a production process
- Practical experience writing business requirements documents, test plans, implementation plans and governance documents
- Strong deadline orientated approach to project delivery
- Strong written and verbal communication skills