This is a great opportunity for someone with interest in fashion retail, having recently completed their Bachelor's degree. They're known for their high-end garments and accessories, excellent work culture (with plenty of perks), and their development. The business is completely cloud-based, with top-tier systems in place - and will provide you with an excellent ground for learning and progressing moving forward.
Reporting into an experienced Financial Manager who is committed to mentoring and collaborating, the role is a hybrid position between the Accounts Receivable and the Assistant Accountant role. Some of the duties for now include -
- Sales reconciliations including gross up nets
discounts/ markdown sales
- Various month end accrued expenses journal
- Consolidate intercompany information and enter
into Syrus for reporting purpose, investigate variance
and communicate with affiliates.
- Confirm intercompany AP positions and inform the
affiliates AR positions
- P&L sub-schedule reconciliation
- Preparing 3-way reconciliations based on store
- Clear AR and bank according to RELUX reports and
investigate the variance
- Other ad hoc accounting duties to support the broader team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interest in fashion ideally!
- Retail experience - ideally fashion
- Experience in AP/AR
- Background in month-end
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting