This is a great opportunity for someone with interest in fashion retail, having recently completed their Bachelor's degree. They're known for their high-end garments, excellent work culture (with plenty of perks), and their development. The business is completely cloud-based, with top-tier systems in place - and will provide you with an excellent ground for learning and progressing moving forward.
Reporting into an experienced Financial Controller who is committed to mentoring and collaborating, the role is a hybrid position between the Accounts Payable and the Assistant Accountant role. There's a clear plan to progress this role to a pure Assistant Accountant role within 12-24 months. Some of the duties for now include -
- Manage the principal clothing supplier account; including the matching of invoices for payment, reconciling of advances paid and processing of foreign currency settlements.
- Administer, review and process credit card payments through Expensify.
- Reconcile supplier accounts, including supplier advances, and resolution of queries.
- Accurate and timely capture / importing of supplier invoices and employee reimbursements.
- Weekly payment runs, ensuring payment terms are met, and remittances issued.
- Evaluation and creation of prepayment amortisation journals.
- Manage and control system that accounts for the lead national courier.
- Assist in preparing month end close procedures including associated journals.
- Other ad hoc accounting duties to support the broader team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interest in fashion ideally!
- Able to commute to the Mascot/Alexandria area. There is parking nearby and office is also located near to the station
- A minimum of two years direct accounts payable experience in an end-to-end process
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting