Reporting to an experienced designer, you will create digital concepts and solutions for new and improved products, services and propositions for customers, colleagues and suppliers across the business.
You will design and deliver the user experience (look, feel, flow, structure and usability) for products, which may include our transactional properties, including web, mobile, tablet and in-store screens – or new concepts, services and experience areas.
What you need to do
- Define, develop and create the information architecture and content framework creating an engaging, easy-to-use and best of class customer experience.
- Accountable for delivering great interaction designs and usability across our digital products and services, from wireframe concepts and prototypes through to finished products aligned to our digital design standards
- Together with the Experience designer help to run workshops with project stakeholders to define and create personas, user stories and associated wireframes or prototypes.
- Create stunning user-centred designs by considering all aspects of experience design including interaction brand principles, analytics, customer feedback, usability testing, technology and business requirements
- Build high-level user flows that can be used to evaluate effective delivery of business KPIs through qualitative (lab) and quantitative (online surveys and session replay) customer research
- Present design concepts as sketches, site maps, personas, user journeys, wireframes and clickable prototypes
- Be able to document all design materials to a level of detail that will enable them to be shared with both co-located and remote team colleagues
- Working with the Experience designer to ensure correct team competency is engaged on the project at the correct time
- Be able to support user research, including supporting card sorting exercises writing interview scripts, building prototypes (paper or clickable) conducting interviews and trialling new concepts with customers
- Be able to demonstrate alignment of experience design with Brand Expression guidelines
- Previous experience of designing for multi-platforms is helpful and responsive design would be preferable B2C e-commerce websites preferable.
- Understanding of a broad range of IA tools and techniques including user flows, taxonomies, navigation models and wireframes, pattern libraries and UI behaviours
- Complete task modelling
- Proficiency in latest design tools – e.g. Axure, Sketch, InVision
- Basic experience of information architecture
- Good knowledge and experience of interactive design and development for Web content management systems
What decisions I can make
Champion and decision-maker for usability on projects
- Design decisions based on customer insight and personal expertise
Support we will provide
- Passionate and highly talented designers to work with, a leadership team that wants big thinking in the digital space, and the opportunity to raise the digital usability bar for millions of customers
- Working in a team experience designers, usability researchers and accessibility specialists, the role-holder will also work alongside teams of product, engineers and project managers