Are you an experienced Data Scientist who can help drive excellence in Data Science? If you are a leader in your field and keen to play a key role in shaping how Data Science is practiced across our business then this is the role for you.
- Work with a broad range of stakeholders to develop a roadmap of research and work aligned with strategic goals.
- Create complex predictive models using advanced statistical and machine learning tools to forecast customer behaviour, business performance, and market condition.
- Analyse model performance, customer behavior and market conditions to provide key insights to business stakeholders.
- Identify and drive opportunities to apply new techniques or technologies to help build the business.
- Communicate new ideas and concepts to the Senior Leadership and Executive teams to drive the strategic direction of data science.
- Improve the visibility and accessibility of our Insights capability across the business while championing a culture of hypothesis-driven experimentation and data led decision-making.
- Maintain an understanding of current and emerging trends in quantitative analysis, machine learning, and mathematics
Key Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record of creating strategically important insight and attributable benefits within a business
- Strong hands-on experience using Python or R and SQL. Experience with Machine Learning and Distributed Data Processing frameworks will be highly regarded.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication with a proven ability to convey complex ideas and concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Possess strong business acumen with the ability to work effectively at all levels in the organisation and establish trusted working relationships.
- Knowledge of underlying mathematical foundations of statistics, experimentation, machine learning, and analytics.
- A minimum of 3 years of commercial experience in a Data Science or similar role.