You will be integral to a small team of high performing technical resources that leverage their T shaped skills across Analysis, Development & Testing to work with the Investment Teams in developing new, and enhancing existing solutions within the Investment products (i.e. Equity, Currency, Interest rate, and credit markets) to enhance Risk management solutions.
The key accountabilities are not limited to but include:
- Responsible for End to End delivery of Business-driven Technology change – this could be through Projects or Continuous Enhancements to existing Platforms.
- Responsible for working with key stakeholders to formulate a Roadmap of Technology change that will support further growth of the Business.
- Act as an advisor to the Business teams on how Technology can deliver Business value.
- Advise the Business on future direction of key platforms and ensure that Core platforms/tools are leveraged and fit for purpose – balance of Architecture direction vs Business value.
- Facilitate regular Technology/Business standups to ensure that status of delivery is clear and that the highest priority tasks are understood by all.
- Deliver solutions that standardise and automate business processes without impacting the user’s ability to understand and interrogate the information and data integral to the process.
- Manage the Team for day-to-day task allocation and manage and be responsible for the high-quality End to End delivery of solutions.
- Effectively engage with clients to understand their requirements or issues.
- Define the architectural components of the solution in line with system architecture and in consultation with the Solution Architect.
- Write and maintain program code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality standards.
- Testing, debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors and faults in applications programming languages within established testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards to ensure programs and applications perform to specification.
- Work with the Business on Continuous Improvement activities to automate and standardise processes through the smart use of technology tools.
- Proactively identify opportunities for increased operational efficiencies particularly where there is a quantifiable business benefit.
- Provide clarity to Business Units on the costs of Technology services and demonstrate the value to them.
- Help drive an overall capability uplift across Technology Teams by leveraging DevOps tooling and ensuring that automation across the Delivery Lifecycle is a focus.
- 5 years + experience gained within a Financial Services company i.e. Bank, Investment Manager
- Broad and deep knowledge of Financial Markets products i.e. Interest Rates, FX, Credit and Inflation and value chain.
- Understands Portfolio construction and the risk and return characteristics of the underlying investments.
- Extensive experience and demonstrated success in building and developing relationships across Business and Technology stakeholders; Proven track record of aligning business and technology initiatives.
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of Software Delivery Lifecycle and using Agile delivery methods to support this.
- Can solve Business problems with a hands-on approach and deliver in small increments using Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of IT system architectures and design principles to architect solutions based on an iterative approach.
- Degree in Information Technology or recognised qualifications in Information Technology
- Deep knowledge of world-class development methodologies, and robust system lifecycle processes is mandatory.