Supportive and experienced team
Circa $100K package
This highly respected mid-tier law firm is looking for a junior-mid level Learning & Development Consultant to join their national team in Sydney on a full-time, permanent basis. You will work alongside a team of experienced and commercial HR specialists who are friendly, down-to-earth, and passionate. Working under an experienced Head of HR this role will primarily focus on organising, developing and coaching the graduate and clerk cohorts.
This role will follow the end to end process from clerkship intake through to graduate settlement including assisting with career fairs, onboarding of clerk and grads, organising rotations, coaching and mentoring clerks and grads, designing and organising L&D programs across technical and soft skills, facilitating training, and owning the L&D function of the firm. Working within a lean HR team this role will also provide the opportunity to be involved in rolling out L&D programs to the broader firm, generalist HR responsibilities, and HR projects.
The successful candidate must be adept at building strong relationships with staff, have a passion for development and coaching (especially with graduates) and be adaptable to a broad range of work.
In regards to your own development this role will provide a range of varied work, the opportunity to own a function, mentoring from a senior HR Manager, and the ability to travel around Australia.
- A tertiary qualification in Human Resources or Business Management or other related discipline is preferred
- 2-5 years’ experience in a Learning & Development role including developing content and programs
- Experience in a law firm/professional services organisation, or similar, is desirable but not essential
- Passion for coaching staff, especially graduates
- Proactive and lateral thinker with the desire to challenge and develop the existing learning approaches
- Demonstrated experience taking responsibility of your own work
- Demonstrated ability to engage staff in a classroom and virtual environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confidence and experience challenging and influencing stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability and eagerness to build strong relationships with staff
- Highly-organised with strong attention to details
- Strong technology capability
- Comfortable with intermittent national travel