This leading global law firm is looking for an experienced Learning & Development Manager to join their national team in Sydney on a full-time basis. You will work alongside a team of experienced and long serving specialists who are friendly, down-to-earth, and have a passion for subverting the status-quo. Working under an experienced Head of L&D this role will primarily focus on facilitating face-to-face and online training to staff nationally while working closely with the broader team to actively engage a time poor workforce. Within the modern professional services environment this team is focused on developing learning approaches that are effective and engaging beyond the traditional classroom environment.
This role will focus on facilitating learning while assisting with and overseeing the development of strategic projects. Your day to day will include:
- Facilitation of physical and virtual classroom sessions using a range of techniques and approaches across all areas of the business
- Managing a dedicated portfolio on internal teams and working closely with stakeholders to implement training
- Pre and post session psychometric briefing, coaching and debriefing sessions with learners and their support networks
- Developing and running ‘on the job’ coaching and mentoring with staff outside of set learning programs
- Working with the firm’s clients to design and facilitate client training events
- Providing input and expert advice into learning solution design
- Regular interstate travel for face-to-face facilitation events.
- Working with members of the L&D and wider HR team on strategic projects with a L&D element
- A tertiary qualification in Human Resources or Business Management or other related discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role with a focus on facilitation
- Experience in a professional services organisation, or similar, managing complex stakeholder structures
- Proactive and lateral thinker with the desire to challenge and develop the existing learning approaches
- Demonstrated ability to engage staff in a classroom and virtual environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confidence and experience challenging and influencing stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability and eagerness to build strong relationships with staff
- Strong technology capability