Establish a function
Circa $100-120K package
NFP tax breaks
Work with this growing and recognised Not for Profit! Our client is a leading provider in disability assistance across NSW and is looking for an experienced and passionate Learning & Development Manager to join their growing team. With the company in a large scale growth phase this role will seek to establish and mature a leading L&D function from the ground up, working closely with the existing L&D Coordinator and the broader HR team. With a focus on providing compulsory, technical, leadership, career development, and ongoing training to both frontline and head office staff this role will encapsulate L&D design, strategy, facilitation, reporting, and coaching.
The need to work collaboratively with the leadership teams, frontline staff, and HR team will best suit a senior level L&D practitioner with experience in the disability/community support sector who has the confidence to set up a function. The HR team is passionate, down to earth, and growing, with a large part to play in the current growth strategy for the company.
This role is crucial in providing training to staff who are making a significant positive impact to disabled people in the community, so you will be able to see the positive results of your work.
The company has a great company culture that is passionate, happy, supportive, and engaged with a flexible approach, onsite parking for their office near North Ryde, and other benefits.
- Work closely with the leadership team to create a strategic L&D plan and associated goals
- Design a L&D strategy that encompasses specific training to both frontline and head office staff across a range of areas
- Develop and implement an annual training program including content, facilitation and reporting
- Develop a leadership framework in line with the EVP to standardise leadership expectations and skills, and create career pathways
- Analyse current training needs and skills gaps, and research best practice training and resources to meet those needs
- Create a career development framework for particular roles/teams
- Create a Quality Assurance Framework and track adherence to that annually
- Manage the budget for the team and lead/mentor current and future team members
- Relevant L&D/HR Qualifications and a Certificate IV in training and assessment/equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience in a senior L&D role, preferably in disability/care/community/aged care services
- Hands on experience working in the disability/community/aged care sector is desirable
- Demonstrated experience designing and implement learning programs and L&D strategy
- Strong facilitation experience to a range of specialised staff
- Experience managing a small team including mentoring, performance management, and budget management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confidence and experience challenging and influencing stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability and eagerness to build strong relationships with staff
- Highly-organised with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience taking responsibility of your own work
- Demonstrated ability to engage staff in a classroom and virtual environment
- Strong technology capability
- A good understanding of the rights of people with a disability
- A Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain
The client is keen to interview immediately so please APPLY NOW.