Circa $90-95K package
Higher education focus
This education company is part of a global network of higher education institutions that provide education and training to nearly 1,000,000 students across 150 campuses face-to-face and online. Providing education across a broad range of studies including Health, Hospitality, Business and Creative Tech, the company is growing and well respected.
As a result of growth domestically and regionally the company is looking for an experienced Learning Designer to join their team based in the CBD. This role will work under a Senior Learning Designer and will take ownership of specific subjects to developing innovative learning design solutions for hybrid, blended and online courses.
Operating on a trimester model you will work closely with a small team of subject matter experts to design/redesign subjects for both face-to-face and online learning along with assessments and module content. With a core focus on online learning you will take ownership of ensuring content is designed around engaging learning activities and experiences for students.
As an innovative and forward-thinking Learning Designer, you will be passionate about creating new courses and subjects, innovation, student engagement, and be excited to work for a connected, global, educational organisation.
You will be responsible for:
- Deliver engaging innovative learning design as part of the overall product development process.
- Use pedagogical expertise to ensure sound learning design advice and solutions are integrated and utilised during product and subject development.
- Focus on designing innovative learning and teaching experiences at the subject level, whilst ensuring product level coherence and alignment to accredited curriculum.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts (e.g. Academic Product Champion, writers, reviewers, etc.) to ensure subject matter is delivered as engaging student-centred active learning experiences that are employability focused and suitable for hybrid, blended and online delivery.
- Provide advice on and implement best practice authentic, industry informed assessment design to ensure course and subject learning outcomes are achieved.
- Collaborate with Digital Media Designers to select the most appropriate and innovative media and resources to fit the theoretical underpinning and subject matter content.
- Ensure the learning design and development is informed by best practice in Hybrid, Blended and Online (HBO) learning.
- Support Product Operations and Projects Managers to plan, schedule and manage the subject learning design process in collaboration with the relevant parties involved in this process.
- Consult and escalate risks identified during the learning design process through appropriate channels.
To be successful in the Learning Designer position you will possess:
- A tertiary qualification in Education / Learning Design / e-Learning or a related discipline area.
- Demonstrated pedagogical expertise in online learning design and developing online learning experiences, especially in the higher education industry
- An innovative mindset with the ability to think outside the box and create engaging learning structures and content
- Excellent communication skills with the ability and experience to ensure educational content can be understood and engaged with by students
- Excellent time management skills and experience working in a high paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong stakeholder management skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be highly adaptable and open to change.
Our client is looking to interview asap so please hit APPLY!