Reporting to their Senior Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for;
- Develop concise briefs, reports and correspondence on complex issues for consideration by Executives and the Board.
- Investigate, respond to and monitor claims and disputes against the organisation.
- Extensive liaison with branches, advisers, external solicitors, insurance broker and PI underwriters in the settlement of claims and disputes.
- Manage claims referred to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA).
- Management of complaint/litigation files and document management.
- Collate and produce reports in relation to legal matters.
- Review and prepare contracts and other agreements.
This role is ideal for a candidate currently in practice looking for their first in house role. You will work closely with the Senior Legal Counsel and get diverse exposure across all legal matters in the organisation. It is also suitable for current in house candidates looking for a career change to a high performing corporate organisation that has still held onto its family feel culture.
For more information about the role, please call Savannah Cant on 07 3854 3806.