Our client is a leading financial services organisation embarking on a period of change and growth and due to internal movements, there is now an opportunity available to join their Legal & Governance team as a Legal Counsel.
The role will support both the General Counsel and the Company Secretary to provide pragmatic and commercially astute legal services and governance activities.
- Provide advice on legal and regulatory issues in consultation with the General Counsel and Company Secretary.
- Reviewing, negotiating and drafting legal documentation, correspondence and agreements.
- Assisting in the management of escalated Insurance claims, disputes and litigation.
- Monitoring developments and changes to the legal and regulatory environments within which the Group operates
- Assisting the General Counsel & Company Secretary with governance activities, including the preparation of committee papers, minutes and action lists as well as the conduct of internal audits
- Providing support to the organisation in relation to regulatory reporting
- Assisting the Risk & Compliance team in the investigation and resolution of incidents and breaches
- Assisting the Complaints Manager in the investigation, negotiation and resolution of complaints and claims
- Providing support in the development and presentation of training programs across the organisation
- Management of the review of frameworks, policies and procedures, including of the review calendar and scheduling of reviews and approvals
- Represent the Legal function at Board and Executive as required, and across the business; and influence those around you
- Maintaining and reviewing Group contracts register, legal templates and documents
- Participating in key business projects, new initiatives including identification and management of legal risks within projects
To be considered for this role you will be a qualified lawyer with around 4 years PAE. This role is well suited to candidates looking for a first move from practice or candidates who have already been working in a commercial environment. Industry exposure to Financial Services or Superannuation will be highly regarded.
This role is being actively shortlisted candidates are encouraged to enquire ASAP.
For more information, please call Savannah Cant on 07 3854 3806.