Well established financial services business is seeking a Legal Counsel to work as part of their sophisticated legal team. You will serve as a trusted advisor providing expertise and support to all areas of the organisation.
As Legal Counsel you are a trusted adviser to the business, and provide advice that enables the business to deliver services and products to our customers with confidence and on time.
Reporting to the General Counsel, your responsibilities will include;
- Provide advice on legal and regulatory issues in consultation with the General Counsel.
- Reviewing, negotiating and drafting legal documentation, correspondence and agreements.
- Assisting in the management disputes and litigation.
- Monitoring developments and changes to the legal and regulatory environments within which the Group operates
- Assisting the General Counsel with governance activities, including the preparation of committee papers, minutes and action lists as well as the conduct of internal audits
- Management of the review of frameworks, policies and procedures, including of the review calendar and scheduling of reviews and approvals
- Represent the Legal function at Board and Executive as required, and across the business; and influence those around you
- Maintaining and reviewing Group contracts register, legal templates and documents
- Participating in key business projects, new initiatives including identification and management of legal risks within projects
- You will hold a Bachelors Degree in Law accredited in Australia and hold a current practicing certificate
- Prior experience working in-house in a dynamic and fast paced environment, delivering practical guidance and advice to multiple clients and stakeholders
- Experience being a trusted advisor
- Prior experience in banking and/or finance industry and understand the legal and regulatory landscape
- Demonstrated experience in being able to help guide clients and stakeholders on the next steps and key dates for complex matters