|Job Title:||Management Accountant|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Kennedy|
|Job Published:||July 30, 2020 16:00|
Successful property and construction business, based in Brisbane is looking to fill a newly created role in their finance team, and be part of a great team. Supporting the Financial Controller, this will be a varied role doing corporate accounting and month end while also adding value through analysis and commercial insights.
Key responsibilities will include;
• Processing of Corporate payroll in a timely and efficient manner
• Supervision of weekly bank reconciliations to ensure transactions are correctly reflected in accounts
• Processing of weekly revenue journals including management of revenue general ledger accounts
• Supervision of fortnightly wages journals, month end journals and month end general ledger reconciliations for all operating entities
• Review of monthly Profit and Loss for all operating entities and making adjustments to transactions where necessary to ensure the accounts correctly reflect the activities
• Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register and Prepayments Schedules
• Maintenance and balancing of the inter-entity loan accounts
• Preparation and lodgement payroll reconciliation report and quarterly superannuation reports
• Supervision in the preparation of monthly business activity statements and monthly payroll tax lodgements and FBT return.
• Assisting in the audit process including collaboration of reports
• Process improvement and report optimisation, through the use of data to provide commercial insights.
• Production of weekly and monthly management reporting
• Management of the month end close for respective areas
• Provide insight on variances to budget/forecast/prior year
• Liaise with stakeholders regarding financial performance of business units
• Prepare rolling forecasts for respective business units
The ideal candidate will be an experienced accountant who a qualified CA/ CPA or near competition and has a natural flare for analysis. You will be capable of doing a wide range of tasks in a small finance team and be willing to assist across all finance functions. You will have the ability to take on additional work from the financial controller as required. To be successful you will a collaborative and positive team player who enjoys working in small teams.
You will have strong written and verbal skills and ideally have experience using MYOB previously and be very capable on MS Excel.
For more information please call Sarah Kennedy on 3854 3801 email@example.com or apply below.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's