Queensland Sugar Limited (QSL) is a leader in raw sugar marketing with a long-standing reputation for quality service and innovation in both the Queensland Sugar Industry and the international sugar market.
QSL operates six Bulk Sugar Terminals along the Queensland coast and handles over 3 million tonnes of raw sugar each year, exported to countries all around the world.
As a not-for-profit industry service organisation, all their profits are returned to members.
Reporting to the Financial Controller you will be responsible for management reporting, forecasting and variance analysis for Corporate Costs and Terminal Operations. You will provide timely assistance to the Finance Management team as required for ad hoc accounting, process and reporting matters.
More Specifically your responsibilities will include;
- Review of Payroll’s accounting transactions
- Oversee the day to day review of accounts payable and expenses
- Monitoring and managing of the ‘electronic purchase order’ system, reporting system and General Ledger accounting system
- Planning and preparation of operating and capital budgets
- Timely preparation of monthly/quarterly management reports for use by management
- Review the monthly report on capital expenditure, and management of the fixed assets register and monitor in the general ledger.
- Manage the company’s fleet of vehicles
- Preparation and review of general ledger account reconciliations and audit working papers as required
- Continuous improvement and development of accounting and reporting functions, processes, policies and practises within the organisation
- Maintain records to ensure compliance with FBT legislation and prepare the company’s FBT, maintain records to ensure compliance with GST legislation and prepare the company’s monthly BAS
- Complete the monthly fuel tax credit account
- Review the fortnightly payroll and other payroll related matters and back-up of payroll as required
- Assist in the supervision of Accounts Team as appropriate and the preparation and implementation of accounting policies, methods and procedures
You will be a degree qualified and be working toward completing your accounting qualifications, CA or CPA. You will have very strong excel skills, be be comfortable using an integrated ERP and Reporting Tools. You will be comfortable with fundamental tax compliance including FBT and GST. You will be an excellent communicator, and have strong time management skills and be a positive communicator who is adept at business partnering. You will be self-motivated and well organised to meet team deadlines in a professional and competent manner.
For more information, or a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Kennedy 07 3854 3801 / firstname.lastname@example.org