As the medical receptionist you will be part of a small administration team who reports directly to the Practice Manager. In this busy role you will be the first point of contact to the public, therefore it is important that you possess excellent communication and people skills.
Daily aspects of the role include:
- The ability to provide high quality, meticulous and efficient reception and business support to the practice.
- Meeting and greeting of patients.
- Patient correspondence, including a high volume of internal and external calls.
- Organisation/ booking/ rescheduling of appointments.
- Organisation and preparation of referral documentation.
- Patient record maintenance.
- Ensure both patient and doctor requests are attended to in a timely manner.
- Processing payments including daily reconciliations.
- Medicare rebates.
- Opening and closing of the practice when necessary.
- Display a strong ability to multitask and prioritise tasks.
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment and respond well to fluctuating workflow.
- Strong communication skills including meticulous email correspondence and a professional phone manner.
- The ability to handle confidential information discretely.
- Be confident and self-motivated with an excellent work ethic and an eye for detail.
- Must have minimum 2 years’ experience as a medical receptionist or experience in a similar role (essential).
If this sounds like you please apply or email Jodie Gray directly at Jodie.email@example.com