A leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for future growth have seen them become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. Due to a company wide restructure, this firm has created a new Operations Manager role to manage a new Centralised Administration Hub. Join a fresh administration team moving the business forward! This role is not for the faint hearted.. This is a busy, fast paced role for the ambitious, who have their sights on career growth and opportunity, as well as a real passion for coaching and mentoring.
reporting to the Head of Operations Australia:
The Operations Manager (OM) is responsible for ensuring the service provided by the 'Central Service Administration Hub' and 'Global Delivery Centre' meet the quality and high expectations of stakeholders within the firm.
Additionally, you will be the primary contact for the service provided by the Document Production function.
The focus of the role is to lead, manage and develop individuals within the teams and continually develop the service provided, ensuring that support is available across divisions, offices and time zones.
You will work very closely with the Practice Executives, Team Assistants and Facilities staff.
The Operation Manager will liaise extensively across a broad range of stakeholders, to provide advice and support on the effective function of the services.
You will be from a large National or International firm, and have experience managing large teams (of x30 and up).
- At least five years' experience in managing a multi-functional support team within professional services: proven strong people management skills to inspire, motivate and positively influence the team.
- Able to demonstrate strategic thinking, balanced with a strong commercial approach: able to provide sound advice or resolution for complex issues.
- Strong client service: able to use wide networks or industry knowledge and experience to improve processes or plan requirements.
- Exceptional organisational skills, able to prioritise effectively during pressurised situations, and adjust to changing priorities, deadlines or issues as they arise.
- Excellent communication skills, able to speak and write with clarity and professionalism.
- Track record in the delivery of change initiatives and process improvements and efficiencies in a customer focused environment.
- Strong project management skills with sound decision making judgment which provide for and encourage solutions.
- Acts as a role model to others, encouraging collaboration amongst team whilst also ensuring high standards are always maintained.
- Demonstrates ability to provide team members ongoing recognition and feedback, including managing effective performance reviews.
- Proactive and always striving to achieve the best from own work as well as the work from the team.
- Confident and able to achieve credibility with all levels of stakeholders.
- Approachable at all times, including being able to negotiate or influence stakeholders.
- Resilient and able to deal calmly with conflict or difficult situations.
- Discrete, diplomatic and completely confidential with personnel and client information.