New, impressive offices
This leading, international law firm is looking for an experienced Operations/Facilities Manager to lead and manage their front and back of house functions. Taking responsibility for 12+ staff you will have a remit covering, reception, catering, office admin, mailroom, procurement and facilities. The firm is in the midst of an exciting period of change to improve and expand their Operations function and this role will take a crucial part in developing the team and increasing their efficiency and effectiveness. The Operations team provide the first point of contact for clients and staff and ensure that they have the best possible experience with the firm.
The right candidate will bring extensive experience in the professional services sector dealing directly with senior level stakeholders and managing a team across various functions. Clear communication, confidence and the ability to think on your feet and adapt quickly are essential skills to have.
The role is based in the Sydney CBD in new, impressive offices and comes with a range of firm-based benefits.
Duties will include:
- Working with the management team to adopt and promote best practice
- Manage the team and ensure the highest quality service is provided to the firm and clients
- Ensure and promote clear communication and collaboration between the various Operations teams
- Increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of the Operations function
- Managing all facilities related queries and request
- Overseeing and building projects, renovations and refurbishments
- Work closely with the procurement team to agree on providers and contracts for building services
- Manage relationships with external providers/vendors
- Manage all security and emergency related procedures
- Undertake security risk assessments
- Ensure regulatory and risk compliance
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent Facilities/Office Management qualification
- Extensive experience in office/facilities management
- Experience in a legal/professional services environment is desirable
- Experience leading and managing a facilities management team
- Experience working autonomously with the ability to make decisions quickly and confidently
- Knowledge of business continuity and disaster recovery processes
- Good knowledge of IT systems, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety legislation and processes
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong stakeholder relationships quickly
- Excellent communication skills and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Problem solver with the ability to adapt to changing situations quickly
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise
- Prepared to work occasional out of hours when necessary.
The client is keen to interview immediately so please APPLY NOW.