A listed mining organisation that is experiencing rapid growth is seeking a Payroll Manager on a temporary to permanent basis. A company that is acquiring a number of mine sites has grown the team significantly over the last 12 months and is looking to continue this growth.
It offers a fast paced and collaborative culture where everyone is wanting to see the business go from strength to strength. They work hard yet are supportive and give variety in work and opportunities.
This is a newly created position due to growth of the organisation and requires someone to shape the function and establish and streamline processes and procedures. You will have experience across the full payroll function and have been in a management position within a growing organisation.
With 1 direct report, you will be able to demonstrate excellent leadership skills and management to mentor and develop the existing Payroll Officer with approx. 3 years’ experience.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, your key responsibilities will be:
- Overseeing and being involved in the payroll process for c. 600 employees
- Processing full functions of payroll including Payroll Tax, Superannuation payments, payroll reports, workers compensations and changes including awards/conditions, terminations.
- Understand the complexity of payroll around rostas, rewards and allowances within mining organisation.
- Identifying improvement which can be made to processes and systems in place
- Drafting contracts, taking out references and maintaining sick leave/holiday records.
- Challenge current HR processes and contribute to a ‘big picture’ function.
- Experience with Pronto is highly desirable.
This role will be offered on a 4-month contract initially and then transition permanently for the right candidate. This role is only offered on a full-time hour basis.
The successful candidate will have experience working in a Payroll Manager role payrolling between 500-1000 employees. This is a growing organisation which requires someone who can work in a dynamic, fast paced and challenging environment. They are seeking a candidate who looks at the bigger picture and can work in a proactive way. Experience within the mining, construction or infrastructure industries will be desirable.
The company is also keen to look at candidates with a HR blended background to support the existing remote HR contact in implementing and updating policies and processes and have a different way of thinking.
If you are interested in hearing more about this role, please contact Tiffany Way on 07 3854 3802 or click apply NOW.