You will be constantly looking for improvements/efficiency and take charge of implementing change brought about by this.
You will complete all month end processes, prepare and process superannuation, payroll tax and payroll reconciliations. You will also complete calculations for the FBT return and review monthly reports.
Main responsibilities include:
- Responsible for performing the payroll function for 600 individuals.
- Accurate calculation of payments, allowances, and entitlements in accordance with Awards, employment agreements, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ultimate responsibility to ensure accuracy and timeliness for all payroll payments that are prepared by the Payroll Officer.
- Managing and calculating payroll related taxes such as payroll tax and PAYG withholding tax and collating payroll information for Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT).
- Managing superannuation processes and payments.
- Managing workers compensation declarations and payments.
- Administering Federal Government's Paid Parental Leave Scheme.
- Preparing accurate salary forecasting reports.
- Producing accurate annual payment summaries.
- Maintaining appropriate audit trails and accurate reports for all payments and payroll activities.
- Minimum of 6 years payroll experience and at two years in a payroll supervisor/manager role.
- Legal or Professional Services experience highly regarded
- Strong systems skills. Chris21 experience essential, PS Enterprise (PSE) preferred but not essential.
- Excel - Intermediate Level required.
- Experience supervising members of team.