As the Payroll Manager, you will have one direct report, you will take control of the end-to-end payroll function for the group, running a payroll of approximately 800. You will lead and direct the team to coordinate the Monthly payroll and resolve any queries as needed.
Main responsibilities include:
- Responsible for performing the payroll function for 800 individuals.
- Accurate calculation of payments, allowances, and entitlements in accordance with Awards, employment agreements, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Overseeing the Payroll Officer and managing end to end payroll.
- Managing and calculating payroll related taxes such as payroll tax and PAYG withholding tax and collating payroll information for Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT).
- Managing superannuation processes and payments.
- Managing workers compensation declarations and payments.
- Salary forecasting reports.
- Preparing and managing annual payment summaries.
- Maintaining appropriate audit trails and accurate reports for all payments and payroll activities.
- Minimum of 6 years payroll experience and at two years in a payroll supervisor/manager role.
- Legal or Professional Services experience highly regarded
- Strong systems skills. Chris21 experience essential