|Job Title:||Payroll Manager|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Kennedy|
|Job Published:||October 15, 2020 13:45|
Great opportunity to join this successful alternative property business, with excellent institutional investors they are growing from strength to strength.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Payroll Manager is to be responsible for accurately and efficiently processing payroll, remitting payroll related taxes and charges and reporting to various state government authorities as well as preparing monthly, quarterly and year-end payroll statements.
The Payroll Manager is responsible for providing end-to-end payroll function for Operations staff and Head Office ensuring compliance with government regulations, collaborating on payroll related policies and training of relief payroll staff.
The Payroll Manager will also provide assistance to the Accounts Payable team and the Recruitment Officer in off payroll-cycle periods.
Your key responsibilities will include:
Key areas of responsibility include but are not limited to the following:
• End-to-end processing of payroll for two pay cycles in an efficient manner – fortnightly and monthly
• Collecting, calculating and entering data in order to maintain and update payroll information including annual award rate changes
• Compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, terminations, disability, and non-taxable wages and reporting on this
• Determining payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income, social security taxes, employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments
• Quarterly preparation and lodgement of Superannuation reports
• Processing and calculation of salary sacrifice arrangements
• Monthly preparation and lodgement of payroll tax for multiple states
• Assistance in process of Workcover registrations and claims
• Liaise with all employees regarding payroll enquiries, resolving payroll discrepancies, concerns/queries in a timely manner
• Award interpretation where required
• Maintaining payroll operations by following policies and procedures
• Complete timely and accurate end of month reporting including development of ad hoc financial and operations reporting as needed
• Providing relief support to our Finance team including Accounts payable in processing of invoices and monthly reporting tasks
• Providing assistance to the Recruitment Manager in collation of employment contracts and other on-boarding documentation to ensure processed in an accurate and timely manner prior to commencement of employment.
You will be an experienced payroll manager who likes working in a stand alone role. You must have proficient knowledge in working and preferably in fast paced growth organisations. You will be able to interpret, understand and advise on payroll relevant legislation and awards. You will be proficient in Microsoft Office and ideally MYOB. If you also have general accounts or administration experience this is also desirable.
You will be able to work both independently and within a small team and have strong attention to detail and excellent organisational and time management skills.
For more information please contact Sarah Kennedy 07 3854 3801 or firstname.lastname@example.org