Our client is an impressive purpose-driven healthcare company, backed by leading investment partners. They are headquartered in Brisbane CBD and boast low staff turnover, a growing portfolio of services, and experienced management who emphasis culture and opportunity for all employees.
The Payroll Manager role is newly created, to take over and establish a first class payroll function - currently duties are distributed across the finance team. Due to growth, the payroll will increase for the foreseeable future, so this role will be tasked with responsibility over all aspects of fortnightly payroll, system and process improvement, and partnering across the group.
Responsibilities will include:
- Management of fortnightly payroll for approx. 220 employees across 4 states, main awards being nursing/HPSS
- Reviewing timesheets, O/T vs normal time, variations and worked hours
- Importing data into payroll system, reviewing accruals/leave balances, work cover/parental leave/secondments
- Distribute tasks to accounting support staff on payroll days if required
- Reporting, analysis, and insights for management on excessive leave balances, FTE usage, excessive overtime, WGEA reporting, and changes in payroll legislation and awards
- Calculations for payroll tax, FBT calculations, and offboarding
- Process improvement, including automation of payroll
You will be an experienced Senior Payroll Officer, Payroll Supervisor, or Payroll Manager, looking for a long term position. The opportunity to work in a growing & culture driven health business will excite you, as does the opportunity to build and develop a first class function as the group's first ever Payroll Manager.
Ideally, you will have experience running an end to end payroll for 200+ employees, and bring a strong background in streamlining payroll systems. You will be a strong communicator, capable of deriving key information from stakeholders across the business in order to best perform the role.
Please call Haydn Furness on 07 3854 3805 or apply for more information.