A Prestigious Listed Organisation is embarking on a huge technology transformation and uplift. They are looking for a hybrid skillset of Technical Business Analyst and a BI/Data Warehouse Developer. You will be involved in a greenfield solution and be rolling out Power BI Service & Desktop. You will be hands-on technical as well as business engaging. You will turn business problems into information-based solutions, great an understanding of data analysis and have a great visual design sense. Of equal importance is your ability to work with stakeholders to understand their business information needs, gather requirements, design, and build best-in-class BI and reporting solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities;
- Develop a deep knowledge of business processes, and the information systems that support those processes.
- Manage small-medium sized projects and serve as the lead analyst. Translate business requirements into documented functional and technical specifications and serve as a translator between functional and technical experts.
- Identify creative information technology opportunities to add value to the business line.
- Train, develop, coach, and mentor functional users to continuously improve their technology skills and the value received from technology tools.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive, relevant Business Intelligence Development/Analysis experience required
- Experience with analytical tools managed in a business analyst function.
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience with creating complex data models, reports and dashboards in Microsoft’s Power BI.
- Solid experience in business process analysis and design, project management, and customer relationship management preferred. Experience in leading technical training for business users highly desired.
- Experience with SQL development tools
- Prior managerial experience a plus
- Knowledge of DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) language in Power BI
- Deep understanding of security as it pertains to data access, scope and distribution of reports and dashboards
- Strong data modelling experience
- Experience with Azure SQL Database, and creating ETL’s using Azure SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience in building Data Marts using Azure SQL Server Analysis Services
- Experience with SQL Server T-SQL, Stored Procedures
- Knowledge of source controls associated with Power BI preferred Technical Documentation
- Agile/Scrum project experience
- Preferably Knowledge of integrating Power BI dashboards with Office 365 and SharePoint
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to all levels of technical and non-technical owners
- Ability to support a collaborative atmosphere by actively soliciting input from others and promote an environment where all team members feel comfortable sharing and discussing their ideas and where the opinions of others are respected
- Ability to build productive working relationships with team members and customers, while effectively sorting through the pieces of complicated problems and separating key issues allowing the team to focus on the important tasks
- Experience conducting business process analysis and end-user operational support.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities concurrently.
- Facilitate and manage knowledge sharing.
- Exceptional organisational abilities and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to operate and effectively communicate while under pressure; as well as the ability to manage a diverse workload and work under time constraints with minimal supervision.
If you're interested in hearing more about this position, apply now!