Reporting into the Head of Procurement, the Procurement Category Manager will join a small and experienced team, there is an ongoing focus around team work, projects, and stakeholder management. The key deliverables are around developing detailed sourcing and category plans, striving to maximise commercial and business outcomes across a broad portfolio. The team is also delivering on a wide range of projects and change to the group, which will be a key focus on this role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the development of category, supplier, and sourcing strategies
- Perform category management including sourcing, supplier management, contract management, and performance/risk management - focus on using a contract life management approach to reduce operational costs and improve efficiencies
- Identify and innovate existing procurement solutions that provide efficiencies for the organization
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external providers, suppliers, and other business units, striving to deliver commercial outcomes for the business
- Evaluate vendor performance against metrics, provide expert advice across all area's of procurement, category management,
- Facilitating the implementation of procurement change, encouraging innovation in procurement strategies, policies, and business
- Negotiate commercial terms, drive negotiations with senior stakeholders
- Assist in developing and implementing strategic commercial plans, analysis of expenditure and opportunities from purchasing activities
This role is well suited to a mature, motivated, and passionate Procurement Professional who brings success in complex and large scale operations. You will be a commercial thinker who excels in stakeholder management heavy positions, as well as bringing a well rounded background across category management, supplier management, negotiations, and delivering on procurement change, projects, and/or initiatives.
In return you will be exposed to a truly broad role, working in a mature and experienced team with a fantastic leader. Involvement in projects and outside of BAU work is spread across the team, so you will be given opportunity to add real value to your career and have viable long term room to develop your Procurement career.
Please get in touch as soon as possible for more information.
(07) 3854 3805