This global Financial Services organisation who are a market leader in their field are looking for an experienced Project Manager to come on board in a newly created, stand alone role. This organisation has long-term relationships with the most successful organisations and a deep knowledge of the local market with over 500 staff in Australia. This is an exciting opportunity to create, implement and manage new procurement frameworks and functions in Australia and New Zealand. You get to put your stamp on the local processes, while keeping alignment to regional policy. You will come from a Financial Services background and have real ability to influence and and create positive change.
You will be responsible for the full procurement process in A&NZ including establishing the function and formal framework, coordinating procurement of all goods and services for the territory, Implementation of regional agreements, Risk assessments, creating a PSL, and managing and maintaining Vendors/ Suppliers.
The main responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to:
- Establish and manage the Territory Procurement Function and formal governance framework, covering all entities across Australia and New Zealand, ensuring local adherence to Group / Regional Procurement policies and procedures
- Coordinate procurement of external services and goods (except Real Estate) within Australia and New Zealand and to develop and manage local supplier relationships with the aim of constantly improving service quality vs. cost levels at acceptable level of risk
- Ensure the Bank’s procedures are followed in negotiating and awarding procurement contracts
- Ensure local awareness of and compliance to the conditions of agreements
- Ensure Procurement’s appropriate involvement in negotiations with suppliers within all Business Lines and Functions across all entities in Australia and New Zealand
- Mitigate risks associated with related procurement contracts in conjunction with Legal department
- Involve APAC in negotiation and awarding of relevant procurement contracts within the Territory that can benefit from regional / global agreements
- Produce regular KPI reports, including but not limited to expense data by purchase category, project status, and quality improvement / savings that have already been achieved within the Territory
To be considered for this role you will a possess tertiary qualification, preferably majoring in a quantitative discipline, with 8+ years of Project Management experience, ideally within a procurement context.
You will also preferably come from the financial services industry. You'll have strong Project management experience, particularly across Technology and Professional services procurement. The candidate will be comfortable working in a stand alone position and will have high attention to details with strong problem solving skills.
Please note that this is initially a 6 month contract role however has a the potential to go permanent.
Sound like you? Please hit Apply.
Call Sam Philpot for more information on 97755912