|Job Title:||Procurement Specialist|
|Job Published:||July 23, 2018 13:46|
Ability to work in a newly created role reporting to a stand-out mentor in the business. Join this global business in the Education field with progressive and innovative business models and real care for their end users. This permanent opportunity is newly created role, reporting to a supportive and interactive Mentor.
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for supporting the execution of the strategic sourcing and contract management activities required to effectively execute the Procurement Plan at the global, regional, or country level. This includes supporting spend baseline and savings measurement.
• Supports analytical needs during the strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, compliance management, and demand management processes
• Obtains and analyzes historical and ongoing procurement data based on category specific activities to identify data-driven insights
• Conducts analyses to determine compliance to preferred suppliers, preferred contracts, and/or buying channels based upon agreed on reporting timelines and scope
• Supports tracking and management of supplier performance
• Assists in developing detailed category baselines and delivered savings
• Assists with supplier / supply market analyses, supplementing research on industry trends and cost drivers where needed
• Contacts suppliers and internal departments to resolve issues and / or discrepancies
• Tracks category spend and savings
• Supports development and maintenance of category cards on the Buyer Portal to help users identify and effectively use available contracts or preferred buying channels
• Addresses escalated issues / questions from Contact Center within agreed upon timeframes, documenting resolutions within Ticket Management system
• Recommends and supports implementation of continuous improvement opportunities
Prior Procurement Process experience. Can manage data collection and analysis and understands some sourcing strategies to support the manager. Knows contract management, benefits measurement and can manage procurement time-frames with internal stakeholders. Learning opportunities and career development on offer.
Sounds like you?
Hit 'Apply' and call Sam Philpot- 97755912
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's