An opportunity has arisen for a Quantitative Risk Manager to join their Credit Risk team. The credit risk team leverages cutting edge analytical techniques such as machine learning to generate insights from data to drive optimal decisions that balance growth with acceptable risks. The credit risk team works in close partnership with cross-functional teams across geographies and interacts extensively with external entities such as credit bureaus, new data providers and start-ups to develop and implement products and strategies.
This role will focus on:
- Designing, developing and implementing risk strategies and initiatives to profitably grow commercial business, while controlling net loss provision and improving client satisfaction.
- Leveraging industry best practices and data assets for continual risk strategy and process improvement.
- Effectively interacting and collaborating with colleagues from the central Risk Management organization, as well as Operations and Marketing teams to develop, enhance and implement approved credit strategies and processes.
- Deeply understanding and closely monitoring the key metrics of the credit performance for the portfolio and the implications on trends, diagnosing problems and identifying opportunities for improvement and/or corrections.
- Running ad hoc analytics and conducting independent risk assessments across various processes to identify potential emerging risks and performance issues.
- Managing relationship with Credit bureaus including developing strategies leveraging bureau information as well as tracking and reacting to external influence on the portfolio performance
- Monitoring and understanding regulatory and industry developments and proactively identifying areas of threats and/or opportunities
We are looking for someone with:
- A bachelor's degree in either computer science, math, science, statistics, engineering, economics or similar quantitative field of study
- SAS/SQL experience essential
- Proven track record in Risk Management (ideally credit risk)
- Exceptional problem solving skills