A major, global financial services company is looking for a reservation booking specialist to handle high volume meeting room coordination with an average of 200 meetings taking place per day. Working across three CBD based locations, this role will initially start in a front of house/concierge role to get an understanding of the meeting rooms, usage, and capacity, then will shift to the reservations team. In the front of house/concierge role you will be the face of the company and provide a professional, personal and engaging interaction for any clients and staff using the in-house meeting facilities.
This role will support the three CBD locations and will work closely with the front of house teams to efficiently and professionally manage all meetings and events that take place in the offices. With meetings ranging from 1-on-1s to functions of 200 people this role will need to interact with stakeholders of all levels across the business. The environment is fast paced and will require you to adapt quickly if needs or bookings change, while still maintaining a professional and calm presentation to staff and clients. The successful candidate will need to be able to actively listen to staff in order to ascertain what is needed for each reservation and proactively suggest requirements if overlooked by staff.
Reporting to an experienced and supportive Manager the role will:
- Assist staff and clients with the planning and booking of meeting rooms via the booking system
- Attach chargebacks to the correct reservation and file paperwork for the correct client
- Create and maintain reservation records through data input and promptly process any cancellations and modifications
- Open and close the availability as and when required in all the channels
- Assist in a front of house role if and when needed
- At least 1-2 years experience in a corporate reception or luxury hotel environment, ideally with reservations experience, or meeting room management
- Experience and capability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability and eagerness to build strong relationships with staff and clients
- Immaculate and professional presentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and punctual
- Ability to work within a small team and adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- Experience with Condeco or another similar room booking system would be desirable
The client is looking to interview asap so please APPLY NOW.