Large Sophisticated Investment Management business, looking for a Risk Specialist to join their group team and support their alternative asset business.
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer you will be tasked with driving risk management initiatives across the various investment teams, including private equity, real assets, infrastructure and property. A key part of this role will be to review and provide an independent risk analysis of potential investments to protect these teams and their investments.
Key responsibilities are:
- Reviewing relevant investment recommendations and highlight all relevant investment related risks associated with investing
- Monitoring and advising on risks generated by the various investment teams in their investment processes including controls, segregation of duties, process design and due diligence red flags
- Manage real asset reviews and due diligence conducted on portfolio companies
- Effectively manage investment-related Conflicts of Interest
- Providing a high level of integrity when applying professional judgement to solving problems to achieve the optimal balance between strong risk management, the commercial environment, cost effectiveness, and practical outcomes
The ideal candidate will have a tertiary qualification in Finance, Economics or Legal and have several years of experience in a risk management role in a large corporate or professional services organisation
You will have a have a proven track record in Alternative Assets or Property with a strong analytical capability with a good working knowledge of financial models and report writing to a wide and executive audience.
You must be able to demonstrate experience in risk management and the application of investment governance. You will also have experience of legal and regulatory requirements as they apply to investment activities and have sound knowledge of best practices covering unlisted assets and risk management.
For a confidential discussion or to apply please contact
Sarah Kennedy 07 3854 3801 or firstname.lastname@example.org