New, impressive offices
This leading, international law firm is looking for an experienced Secretarial/Admin Manager to lead and develop the secretarial and document production staff for the firm. The firm is in the midst of an exciting period of change to improve and expand their management structure and this role will take a crucial part in developing the team and increasing their efficiency and effectiveness. The Secretarial Manager will manage the end to end life cycle for secretarial staff including recruitment, strategy, performance management/reviews, graduate programs, training, budget management and managing employee relations issues. The role will also be the key point of contact for partners, legal staff and the HR team in discussions around secretarial performance, structure and strategy
The right candidate will bring extensive experience in the professional services sector dealing directly with senior level stakeholders and managing a team of secretaries/administrators. Clear communication, confidence and the ability to build strong rapport and adapt quickly are essential skills to have.
The role is based in the Sydney CBD in new, impressive offices and comes with a range of firm-based benefits.
Duties will include:
- Leading and developing the function to ensure the best quality service is provided to the legal staff
- Working with the team to adopt and promote best practice
- Developing strategy and an annual business plan for the function including the most efficient and effective structure of the team
- Manage the annual budget and operate within the agreed budget
- Increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of the secretarial function
- Be the key point of contact for partners, legal staff and the HR team in discussions around secretarial performance, structure and strategy
- Oversee the annual trainee secretary program
- Develop a training and development plan and program in collaboration with the internal L&D team
- Manage the annual salary and performance review process for your staff
- Experience in managing, leading and developing secretaries
- Experience in a legal/professional services environment working with a partnership is essential
- Experience leading and managing a large team/function
- Experience working autonomously with the ability to make decisions quickly and confidently
- Experience in developing strategy for a team and managing an associated budget
- Experience managing performance conversations and reviews with staff
- Good knowledge of IT systems, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong stakeholder relationships quickly
- Excellent communication skills and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Problem solver with the ability to adapt to changing situations quickly
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise
The client is keen to interview immediately so please APPLY NOW.